23/09/2010

Lumpily is now a word.

So how long have I been absent? A freaking long time, that's how long. But of course, don't expect me to start spouting about how I super duper promise - pinky swear! - never to vanish ever again, partially because I doubt there exists a world in which such a declaration isn't massive jinx-bait, and partially because I sincerely doubt anyone really wants to hear it.

But I had a pretty photo of food, and thus, I return to post it.

This, my friends, is the 'Dawn's Vegan' salad from Specialty's in Seattle. Mixed baby greens, peas, sweetcorn, black beans, carrots, baby tomatoes, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, fresh mushrooms, avocado, and marinated artichoke hearts. It comes with a balsamic dressing, but I ordered it without, being a dressing-hating freak. It was as good as it looks.

I also found a contender for the World's Weirdest-Looking Orange competition, if such a thing exists. Yes, I like posting photos of oranges a little too much. Don't judge.
He was delicious. Lumpily awesome. I plucked him from my step-aunt's tree after she told me those oranges weren't very good. She was very, very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment